Thursday, April 1, 2010

April - Nature

When I think about this coming summer, I realize that it will be my third summer working at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, and fourth summer for Spa Shawnee and Salon. Oh my… time flies… When I think of the future, I still see myself here, on the banks of Delaware River, watching how seasons unwind, the river flows by, geese come and go, and Shawnee grounds get more beautiful every day. We are so blessed to work here, and share all those beautiful surrounding with our guests. Those who visited our destination once know what I am talking about. It is an amazing experience to live AMONGST this environment to be part of it.

I came across an article referring to the upcoming Earth Day lately, and realized that often time’s we-people do not consider ourselves as part of Nature, but think that we own the Nature. We do things to preserve Nature, environment, and limit natural resources used by our civilization, and so on… (You know - all green efforts). Well, we are wrong; at least that is what I think. We ARE only a tiny part of this massive creation, this mastered to perfection existence. A tiny part that thinks it is smarter, better and able to rule this creation. We should start with RESPECT, and then we would not have to go back and fix what we messed up.

I love to hike. The Pocono’s is one of the greatest places to hike that I know of. You can discover new things every time you go on the same trail. Although you take the same path, the trail is not the same – it changes. Constantly… When I hike, I love to listen. Listen to the trees, and try to comprehend what those trees have seen and have gone through. It makes me bow to them and think of my tiny “me” and my tiny issues (family, work, bills) that overwhelm me on the daily basis. When I am hiking, there are no issues, no worries, just a thought: “These Mountains have been here forever (in human sense of time, I mean) and they will be here forever, after I am long gone with my little “issues”.

I love to listen. Listen to the Nature.

No comments: